Wednesday 14 November 2012

Kittens and Mittens and Yarn, Oh My!


"Kittens and Mittens and Yarn, Oh My!"
(watercolour, approx. 7"x9")

 After working on the minute details of the Mouse in the Mitten ("Cozy and Bright") I needed to work on
something simple and silly so I developed a simplified kitten shape and then did a bit o' research to study different colouring and patterns commonly found on cats...
   
    The original idea for this design was three rows of kittens wearing mittens but when I sat down to draw them I was inspired to take the design in a different direction seeing as only three of the kittens showed up with mittens.  As for the others kittens intended for the design, I found a few were still working hard at knitting and some were still just preparing their yarn and one very silly l'il brown kitten got so caught up in the whole project he still is not completely untangled!  
   
    This design will be available as a simple holiday card and/or a cute Winter greeting card...

    ♥ Cath-
  

No comments: