Saturday 14 July 2012

Campfire - Preliminary Sketch

"Campfire"
Preliminary Sketch
(H/HB graphite, sketchbook)

    I was talking with a friend this past week about how much her family looks forward to campfires in the backyard and making S'mores over the open flame... She then said I should make a picture of several woodland animals sitting around a campfire making S'mores...  I could see it all in my mind the moment she mentioned it and so I grabbed my sketchbook when I got home and worked up this sketch.  Like the preliminary sketch of Nicholas in his shop of antiquities light and shadow are very important in creating the proper atmosphere...
    I may be working this one as a painting while displaying my artwork at the Jordan Musuem grounds (3800 Main Street, Jordan) on Saturday, July 28th from 10am - 6pm.  The town of Lincoln has created an 'Art in the Village' day in participation with the "Niagara: Cultural Capital of Canada" program for 2012.  I submitted some artwork and was selected so I will have some of my acrylic work there and many of my watercolours... nothing is for sale - it is a display show only - I am looking forward to seeing you all there!

    ♥ Cath-    

No comments: