Wednesday 13 March 2013

Odds & Ends

"Smoochin' Hippopotamuses"
(preliminary sketch, graphite)

This was left over from my month of February Love & Friendship ideas... 
I may still make it into a full-fledged card design.

 "Three Crazy Cupcake Baking Mice"
(preliminary sketch, graphite)

I thought this design up when two other Moms and myself  offered a "Cupcake Day"  to
 our local school... the design was simply to inspire us as we set to preparing for the day, 
but was later deemed 'not quite crazy enough - much too calm - and tidy!' 

"Self Portrait #1"
(watercolour, 8x10")

I made this design for a personal Thank You card, the 
sentiment read, "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you!
It is, in my opinion, a true likeness of me... I have high cheekbones and I 
can tend to lose my eyes when I'm smiling if I'm not careful!  But my darling 
husband didn't like this design, he felt it was too caricature-ish.  
So I drew this one:

"Self Portrait #2"
(watercolour, 8x10")
 
He seemed happy with this design, but I still like the first one! 
I feeling inspired to paint a real (aka 'serious' or 'more life-like') self-portrait... 
Hmmm....
 
Hope you all a great day!
 ♥ Cath-



No comments: