Wednesday 2 July 2014

Lookin' Back - Waaay Back!!

Waaay back, way, waaay back in my portfolio...

...to when I was only 6 years old... 
...I drew this extraordinary and fully labelled 
drawing of a bird and my Mom saved it for me! 
 ...and on the flipside of that red and yellow bird 
were some of my first drawings of mice and bunnies!!

 ...Jump ahead 10 years to high school... 
Experimenting with watercolour and graphite 
- my art teacher didn't like the results!

 ...My first attempt at full-fledged watercolor...

 ...Then I got into music... 
The late 80's/early 90's 'hair band music


 And I really loved the movie 'Dances With Wolves'



...Then I met the wonderful guy who I would 
eventually marry and I started drawing couples...




 Yep, that was twenty years ago... 
Work, marriage, two kids and three moves later, I'm finding new styles, new techniques, new interests... 
But it is fun to look back to see where I've been...

A portfolio that allows me to time-travel 
- that always inspires felicity!!

💜 Cath-


No comments: