Saturday 10 May 2014

The Mood Swing

  There is a lovely lady I have known for a long time who, in recent years, 
has made mention of a place that she looks forward to after a hectic day... 

...a place that is relaxing and refreshing to her. When it is hot in the house, 
she can escapes to this place for a cool retreat... 

This place is in her yard. I imagine her flower garden may be nearby... 
...this place of calm cool comfort is her swing.  
And her frequent mentions of it and it's joy-invoking qualities sparked something in me...

Can you imagine having access to swing that enhanced one's mood?? 
What would you call such a device? 
It could only be called... wait for it...  "The Mood Swing"!! 
 
Pow! Inspiration struck! Boom! Pow! - "The Mood Swing" - a perfect play on words!!
I grabbed up my sketchbook and start jotting down the pictures in my head.


    First, I began with a quick thumbnail sketch...                  Then I sketched one with more detail....                                                         



Then I thought about some of the components of the picture...


 While I painted the final piece I tested out colour and design ideas before adding them... 




And, after several months of working away at it in-between other projects...
 I finally completed it!


   "The Mood Swing"
(watercolour, 8" x 8")


A cool place to sit, read, relax... the possibilities are endless!
And so are the inspirations!!

♥ Cath-

No comments: