Wednesday 9 May 2012

"It's a pencil to paper, brainstorming thing."

    Filling my sketchbook with drawings and thoughts is like a conversation with a new friend.... you don't learn everything there is to know about them but you usually learn a lot of information in a quick, concise manner.
  Elderberry Hedge Bake Shop Brainstorm
(Sketchbook page, scanned)   


Bake Shop Brainstorm - Breakthrough!
(Sketchbook page, scanned)

    The above images are bits of "conversation" I had with one of the residents of Elderberry Hedge.... when I first met her, I didn't even know her name but after a little conversing I realized I was talking to Bonny, the bright and cheerful resident baker of The Bonny Baker: Bakery and Cafe...  
   
    ♥ Cath- 

    P.S. The title that says it all!  I visited with a friend for coffee in the first week of April and during our conversation she encouraged me to begin a blog.  While discussing this pursuit she came out with this gem of a statement, "Sometimes it's a pencil to paper, brainstorming thing." ~ I ♥ that!!   
    I told her that that statement would make an awesome blog name... as you can see I didn't end up going with it, but I knew without a doubt that I would use it in a blog and that I would give her full credit for it too.  Kim Rempel - thank you for your constant encouragement and enthusiasm!!  I have three words to describe Kim: IN - SPIR - ING!!  Check out Kim's blog: Eat Drink Paint

  

No comments: