Monday 20 October 2014

Just because...

It's mid-October and much of the Autumn colour is on the ground...

The grey skies have brought with them days of mist and rain...

The wind carries leaves off the branches and lifts fallen ones off the ground 
creating the atmosphere of a great, golden snowglobe that has been wildly shaken...
On calmer days the leaves are a beautiful kaleidoscope of colour across the lawns and fields...

The trees, relieved of their leafy burden, stretch their long limbs toward the sky, 
having completed their job for another year...


What do I do on days like this,
When going out can be less than desirable?

I try to distract myself from the dreary, damp out of doors by painting.

So I grabbed up some loose pieces of watercolour paper that had been given to me,
and I just drew the first thing that came into my mind... 

"Ain't Nothin' But a Hound Dog In Autumn"
(watercolour, approx. 5" x 7")

Some days you just have to relax and make up your own fun - just because!! 

♥ Cath-




 

No comments: