Thursday 11 October 2018

INKtober - Day 11

I get excited about these Inktober drawings!
Some days I don't plan my time really well
and end up rushing a drawing to keep on course,
but most days I purpose time for them, 
which makes it enjoyable.

Some times I get so excited that, before I go to bed,
 I take a peek at the prompt for the next day. 
It gives me a bit of time to think about 
how I might depict or interpret the prompt.

I looked last night and saw:
11. Cruel

What?? 

I'm the girl who draws mice and bunnies!
I draw white picket fences around their imaginary homes...
They are happy; there is no upset, no one gets angry...
And it's certain that no one is cruel!

What am I gonna draw?

My mind went first to the Evil Queen from Snow White,
but then I remembered Cruella de Vil

I based my illustration on the description made by the author, 
Dodie Smith, from her 1956 book "The Hundred and One Dalmations"

~ She was a glamorous London heiress.

~ In her younger years at school, she wore only 
black dresses trimmed with white. She wore her 
hair in black and white braids (plaits), and she 
was expelled for drinking a bottle of ink.

~ She married a furrier (knowing the character you can 
see how this was a marriage of convenience!). She 
belittled him and made him take her last name.
They had no children.

~ Her husband gifted her a white mink coat, 
which she wore even on the hottest days.

~ She was known for wearing skintight satin dresses
with ropes of jewels in contrasting colours. 
(Black satin with pearls or green satin with rubies)

~ And she had a white Persian cat which she abused... 

Yeah, this character will fit the bill for today's prompt!


 #inktober2018

♥ Cath-

No comments: