Tuesday 16 October 2018

INKtober - Day 16

When I was in Grade 8 I was placed 
in a pilot programme that was made to encourage
girls to pursue maths and sciences in high school.
My Grade 9 math class was an all-girl group
so we wouldn't be have to worry about looking 
too dumb OR too smart, 'cause, you know, 
girls are all so supportive of one another...
{insert eyeroll emoji here - maybe two!}

It may now be needless to say that 
from that point on I took only the required
Maths and Sciences and filled the rest of my 
semesters with every Art and English
course the school offered.

I didn't like Math, I didn't appreciate it.
The same could be said for Science,
But now I find I use math in my art compositions
and I'm fascinated with biology and kinesiology, 
in animals and humans alike...

I like the black & white rules, the consistency,
the truth and fact of it all, and if you get it right
you can fun with everything else around it!

Today's Inktober prompt is "Angular"
Since my go-to starting shape for most 
everything I draw is a circle, I had to go 
looking around a bit for something more 'edgy!


It took some time to figure this one out, and even now
I see wonkiness in it, but I'm still pretty happy with this design!

Pushing my limits and trying new things!

#inktober2018

šŸ–¤ Cath-

No comments: