Friday 12 October 2018

INKtober - Day 12

Day 93

You might be thinking,
"Um, Cath, it's only Day 12, 
you just typed it in your title,"

But I'm not talking about Inktober,
I'm referring to how many days I've
been working my way through
the classic novel, Moby Dick. 

Oh, Herman Melville, you were
obviously a man of intelligence, 
a diligent student and researcher,
a very capable and descriptive writer,
but I'm on chapter 114, page 464,
of your valued composition
and there still no sightings 
of the "great white whale"
- not even a glimpse!

My family now looks at me with surprise
when they discover that I'm still on that book.

I laughed when read today's Inktober prompt!

Ishmael, for never having been on a whaling
ship previous to his sail with Ahab, sure 
knew a lot about everything having to do
with the great leviathan of the deep! 

I've now read chapter after chapter about 
the species, their heads, their flukes, their tails, 
their skeletons, and how these parts, while in 
parts, were considered very useful to mankind! 

The descriptions were detailed to the point 
that I thought I was reading a cetology textbook,
so having to draw a whale for today's Inktober,
was at the very least, laughable.


  
#inktober2018

🖤 Cath-

No comments: