Monday 23 April 2012

Springtime Joys Too

"Springtime Joys Too"
(acrylic, 12x12" stretched canvas)

    I do most of my painting while the girls are at school.  The house is quiet (ie. interruption free) and I can listen to my classical music and just paint.  I have believed that I need this kind of environment to paint - chaos is not condusive to concentration so when the kids are home, I'm a mom and not a painter... but over the last few days of busy-ness I have come home wishing to get more work done on my paintings and so even though I heard the voice in my head saying, "You can't paint now, the kids are home", I walked to my art table, sat down and painted!  I wasn't able to dedicate hours to the effort at any one time, but little by little over the last few evenings I painted a bit here and a bit there and finished my painting -  all while the kids were home and running from room to room, asking questions, needing help with projects and watching television - I don't know about you but I call that a breakthrough!!
   

Detail of Springtime Joys Too
  
    This detail of the field mouse climbing between two daffodils to get closer to the branch of blossoms is the exact image I saw in my mind while walking to the library one morning... I had just completed "Springtime Joys" and thought that since I had one more 12x12" cnvas left that a companion piece would be nice... I knew that a mouse would work well in the companion painting so I gave it a little more thought and then pow! This image popped into my mind and I smiled out loud when I saw it! 
    I continued my walk, a little more quickly mind you, using my time to focus on the image and as soon as I got home I ran to my sketchbook and recorded my thoughts!

      Simple joys appreciated become so much more!
    ♥ Cath-


Springtime Joys 'set'

  

No comments: