Saturday 16 June 2012

Strawberries with Edward

"Strawberries with Edward"
(watercolour, 8x8")


    A week ago I was invited to a tea room for luncheon and whilst perusing the adjoining giftshop my eyes happened upon a beautiful cast iron sculpture of a rabbit - a paperweight.  I knew without a doubt that this l'il fellow would make for a charming companion on my art table.  I asked him if he would like to come and join me on my adventures in painting and he seemed very contented with the idea.  So home he came!  He has spent the last few days getting aquainted with the tabletop and the girls asking after him and admiring him - which he quite enjoyed! At last settling in, he chose a spot on the table that is bathed in soft northern light for a majoirty of the day.
   Just a day ago I was invited by a wonderful friend to join her in picking strawberries at a local patch.  We had such a lovely time, enjoying the sun and the fresh air... when I arrived home and began tending to the berries I looked over at Edward sitting in his favourite spot and then down again at the beautiful red berries in my hand and inspiration struck!!  
   To capture a little more of the beautiful light which Edward enjoys I placed some of the berries in a glass jam jar and set them down in front of the window and well, you know the rest...

    ♥ Cath-

No comments: