Wednesday 13 February 2013

Thoughts of Love From The Past....

"Just a L'il Note to Remind You of How Much You Are Loved!"
(watercolour, approx. 7x7")

    These sweet l'il grasshoppers were among the first of my "regular" critters to draw when I thought up a new greeting card idea... I love the colour green and I found that I drew/painted grasshoppers mostly in February and March when the desire for fresh emerald green is at its highest for me!  Winters seems to drag on a little in those months!

 "Enjoying Happy Thoughts of You"
(watercolour, approx. 5x5")

    This l'il fuzzy kitten was just an idea that had to be drawn to make room in my mind for other ideas plus it was a l'il challenge to force myself to work all the furry brushstrokes - repetitive brushstrokes have always been a bit of a challenge because I get impatient to finish the piece... 


 "Lots of Time to Think About You... I Consider It Time Well Spent!"
(watercolour, approx. 8x10")

    This was my first favourite design in my Love & Appreciation greeting card series - I gave this card to many people and many people wanted this design when they ordered cards from me.  Again this was simply an idea in my mind I needed to get on paper, but I love how it turned out!  It is the first time I had drawn a mouse - so this design really was the beginning of a new adventure in my illustrations! 



"My Day Was Filled With Happy Thoughts About You!"
(watercolour, approx. 8x10")

    I love this piece! I knew exactly how I wanted it to look as soon as I thought up this idea and so I just kept focusing and re-focusing on the image in my mind to get it all down on paper, just right!  I especially like how the 'metallic' parts came across!



"It's How I Feel When I Think About U"
(watercolour, approx. 8x10")

    Sometimes it's a bad thing when people look at a card front, then open the card to read the written sentiment and then look back at the card front to 'get the joke' but with this card it always ends with the same reaction: the surprised 'Oh, I didn't even notice that bunny until now!' followed by an appreciative laugh and smile!  I love this design!  It was a challenge to come up with 26 different expressions and eye/ear angles - but another piece that I'm happy to send to others for their birthday, Valentines, or just a general happy day!

    Hope you all enjoy a day full of smiles, love, and laughter!  It never hurts to send a "just because" card to someone to brighten their day!  Discovering a 'love note' in a mailbox would brighten anyone's day!

    ♥ Cath-

No comments: